Top Tips to protect your home during the Big Freeze!
Jan 18, 2013
- If you leave your home unattended, leave the heating on low (around 15ºc).
- Know where the water shut-off valve (stopcock) is to isolate the supply in an emergency.
- Lag pipes in the loft and check that the header and water tanks are insulated.
- Lag outside water taps to prevent them freezing and pipes bursting.
- In severe cold weather open the loft hatch to warm the void.
- Plastic plumbing joints will probably degrade sooner than metal ones, so keep an eye out for the slightest hint of water.
- If you are going to be away for an extended period, consider draining down your plumbing and heating system, but please do so with professional advice.
Did you know?
Nov 1, 2019
Allbright Bishop Rowley can now arrange GAP Insurance on your behalf.
We offer broad policy cover at a very competitive premium.
If you would like a quick quote, give us a call on 0116 2720002.